Saturday 11 October 2014

FHC resto nr. 22; Colours and Filler ...

Been away on a few trips abroad, so a quick update on the FHC's progress. First when I returned from a trip to Süd Tirol nearly two weeks ago, I found these pictures of the new colour sample in my e-mail box .....



Since I have been able to admire the latest paint sample in various daylight conditions, and to compare it with the original Topaz Orange sample. As you can see the original shade of Topaz Orange is slightly darker and much browner. But as ever with pictures of colour samples they don't do justice to the real thing ...


And I picked up the carpets for the car. Though not a perfect colour match it is the best I could get. I think with everything fitted in the car's interior the difference between the various red shades won't be noticed ...


As for the paint preparations, it looks like we're going back to basics, sculpting the body from clay. But it is the reverse. A few shots of the filler as it had been applied to the left hand rear wing. Yes, lots of it. And so far all the other panels haven't been any different. Looks like the bill for the filler and sanding discs will be pretty high on this car ...




No comments: